Hello, I’m Yasmeen. I’m in my 30s and live in Toronto, Canada. Welcome to my corner of the internet! I’m a personal essayist who likes to document experiences and observations of life. I’m on a journey to hash it all out!
This blog is about (re)discovering life with a creative spin.
I started writing– a creative act in itself—to explore, hence this website! I like to write about:
- Travel, specifically slow travel.
- My romantic relationships. I’ve dated many different types of men, and they’ve taught me so much about myself and how I relate to others. Many experiences were cathartic and a handful were heartbreaking yet effective lessons.
- Daily introspections. Examples include being jealous of ignorant bliss or wanting to like something so much but just couldn’t.
- Personal transformations. Documenting the magnitude of them has been vital in elevating my self-awareness.
- Short stories.
- The creative process. When it’s good it’s amazing. When it’s confusing and unknown it’s discomforting, and when it’s bad, it makes you want to give up. But it’s worth it in the end!
- Appreciation pieces about anything.
- Soccer (or football, depending on which part of the world you’re in). It was a huge part of my life as a teenager. I’m a bandwagon fan now but still hold soft spots for teams I used to obsessively follow. I typically write during major tournaments like the Euro and the World Cup.
- New experiences. I leave this broad for a reason.
If you’ve made it this far thank you! I hope you find my work useful if you:
- Can relate to some of what I’m going through (I’d like to hear from you!).
- are curious about new experiences.
- are interested in anything creative.
I invite you to join me on this journey.